Thumbay Rehabilitation will house an advance Hydrotherapy Center, otherwise known as Aquatic Physiotherapy conducted in a heated pool. Aquatic Physiotherapy treatment (individually or in groups) incorporates individual assessment, diagnosis and the use of clinical reasoning skills to formulate a treatment program appropriate to each patient’s needs. By combining hands-on pool based physiotherapy treatment techniques and specifically designed exercises supervised by physiotherapists with specific training in Aquatic Physiotherapy, hydrotherapy helps regain or enhance physical wellbeing in a warm relaxing environment
Benefits of Hydrotherapy
Aquatic Physiotherapy can help relieve pain, promote relaxation, mobilize joints, strengthen muscles, develop balance and coordination, and improve general fitness.
- Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm.
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support.
- Gravity is countered by buoyancy.
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in the water.
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure.
- Enhanced balance and stabilization.
- Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better.